Sunday, August 24, 2008

Balcony Update

Talk to any gardener this year and you're going to get pretty much the same answer: this summer was not the best. With all the rain, you'd think we'd have bumper crops, but you'd be wrong. The lack of sunshine and excess moisture has just delayed growth and made it easier for a lot of blights and pests.

Having said that, I'm not going to feel too bad about this year's results. Many of my plants had to be restarted, which got me even farther behind, but now things seem to be puttering along. All things considered, I think my "from seed" year is a success.

I have to find a sunny moment to capture all the fruits of my labour, but in the meantime here's a taste with some "white fountains lobelia". You will notice that many of them are blue. :)


Butterfwy and Blooms

Jxox

No comments: